Sets the year value in the Date object. Deprecated in favor of the setFullYear method.
dateObj.setYear( numYear )
- Required. Any Date object.
- Required. For the years 1900 through 1999, this is a numeric value equal to the year minus 1900. For dates outside that range, this is a 4-digit numeric value.
This method is obsolete, and is maintained for backwards compatibility only. Use the setFullYear method instead.
To set the year of a Date object to 1997, call setYear(97). To set the year to 2010, call setYear(2010). Finally, to set the year to a year in the range 0-99, use the setFullYear method.
- getFullYear Method (Date)
- getUTCFullYear Method (Date)
- getYear Method (Date)
- setFullYear Method (Date)
- setUTCFullYear Method (Date)
Microsoft Developer Network: Article