Inherits from HTMLElementHTMLElement
Inherited from HTMLElement
- Sets or retrieves a list of elements that describe the current object.
- Gets or sets whether an element can be dragged and dropped.
- ATOMICSELECTION html attribute
- Specifies whether the element and its contents must be selected as a whole, indivisible unit.
- Retrieves a string of the URL where the object tag can be found, often the
hrefof the document that the object is in, or the value set by a
- Indicates an abbreviation or an acronym.
- This attribute supplies browsers with a hint about what filetypes its element will accept.
- Sets a keyboard keystroke for selection of its element, which would otherwise be done using a mouse.
- Sets or retrieves whether the object can be transparent.
- The alt attribute is used as a textual representation for graphics and buttons in browsers that don’t or can’t render images, or when the resource is not found.
- The autocomplete attribute specifies whether a browser should automatically provide values for a form element.
- Provides a way to direct a user to a specific field when a document loads.
- Specifies the width of the border around an element. Deprecated in HTML4, not supported in HTML5. Use CSS.
- border (frameSet, iframe)
- Sets or retrieves the space between the frames, including the 3-D border.
- HTML Media Capture
- The capture attribute facilitates user access to a device’s media capture mechanism, such as a camera, or microphone, from within a file upload control, for capturing media on the spot.
- Specifies the space, in pixels, between the cell wall and the cell content. Not supported in HTML5. Use CSS.
- Retrieves a collection of all cells in the table row or in the entire table.
- Sets an alignment character. The first occurrence of the alignment character in each cell in a column will be on a vertical axis.
- Removes an alignment character set by the attribute
- Indicates the initial state of a checkbox or radio button.
- Specifies one or more classes for an element, usually used to point to a class in a style sheet.
- Sets or retrieves the class identifier for the object.
- Sets or retrieves the URL of the component.
- The foreground color of the text of an object.
- cols (frameSet)
- Sets or retrieves the number of columns in the table.
- Sets or retrieves the string that indicates whether the user can edit the content of the object.
- Sets or retrieves a field of a given data source, as specified by the dataSrc property, to bind to the specified object.
- Sets or retrieves the source of the data for data binding.
- Global attribute. Specifies the element’s text directionality.
- Prevents users from changing, clicking on, or submitting an element.
- Sets or retrieves the current typeface family.
- The formaction attribute specifies the URL of a file that will process the input control when the form is submitted.
- The formenctype attribute specifies how the form-data should be encoded when submitting it to the server.
- The formmethod attribute defines the HTTP method for sending form-data to the action URL.
- When present, it specifies that the <input> element should not be validated when submitted.
- Specifies a name or a keyword that indicates where to display the response that is received after submitting the form.
- Specifies the height of the certain content elements in pixels.
- The hidden attribute is a boolean attribute. When specified on an element, it indicates that the element is not yet, or is no longer, directly relevant to the page’s current state, or that it is being used to declare content to be reused by other parts of the page as opposed to being directly accessed by the user.
- Sets or retrieves a destination URL or an anchor point
- The id attribute is used for identifying elements in a document.
- Describes the base element from which the element with this attribute is extended.
- The list attribute refers to a <datalist> element specifying possible values to suggest for an input element.
- Links an image to a description of its content, for enhanced accessibility
- Sets or retrieves the number of times a sound or video clip will loop when activated.
- max (HTMLInputElement)
- The max attribute specifies the maximum value for an <input> element.
- The maxLength attribute sets an upper limit on the number of characters that can be entered in an input element.
- The min attribute specifies the minimum value for an <input> element.
- The multiple attribute indicates that the user is allowed to enter more than one value in an <input> element.
- When present, it specifies that the form-data (input) should not be validated when submitted.
- The pattern attribute specifies a regular expression that the <input> element’s value is checked against.
- The placeholder attribute specifies a short hint that describes the expected value of an input field (e.g. a sample value or a short description of the expected format).
- Describes the relationship from the current document to the anchor specified by the href attribute.
- The required attribute is a boolean attribute. When present, it specifies that an input field must be filled out before submitting the form.
- This article outlines the HTML attribute "size", which allows the user to specify a width in characters of an <input> element.
- A message for the browser to show while an
object's implementation and data load.
- Specify the increment for
- Sets an inline style for the element.
- Represents the tab order of an element.
- Target is a link attribute, which defines where to open the link.
- The type attribute is used to define what sort of type an input or ordered list element is.
value (select, option element)
- Specifies the width, in pixels, of certain content elements.
- Sets the wrap style (soft, hard, or off) for a text element.
- Specifies how an element is aligned with respect to its parent; that is, specifies which baseline of the element is to be aligned with the corresponding baseline of the parent. Defaults to the baseline with the same name as the computed value of the alignment-baseline property.
- The ‘baseline-shift’ property allows repositioning of the dominant-baseline( a baseline-table and a baseline-table font-size which are those of the nearest block-level ancestor element and are applied to its root inline box.) relative to the dominant-baseline.
- The attribute fill specifies the filling color or the behavior of an animation after it has finished.
- Please refer to /css/properties/fill-opacity
- Please refer to /css/properties/fill-rule
- Covers what the click action is and what happens when it is performed.
- Returns a ClientRect object that encloses a group of text rectangles.
- A collection of ClientRect objects, one for each CSS border box associated with the element. Each ClientRect object contains read-only left, top, right, and bottom properties describing the border box, relative to the top-left of the viewport. For tables with captions, the caption is included even though it is outside the border box of the table.
trueif an element matches a given selector. Otherwise,
The HTMLEmbedElement object does not define any members.
Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]