Specifies the line style for line-through text decoration.
(Considered obsolete; use text-decoration-style instead.)
- Initial value
- Applies to
- all elements with and generated content with textual content
- Computed value
- specified value (except for initial and inherit)
- CSS Object Model Property
- Produces no line
- Produces a solid line
- Produces a double line.
- Produces a dotted line
- Produces a dashed line
- Produces a line that repeats a pattern where a dot is followed by a dash.
- Produces a line that repeats a pattern where two dots are followed by a dash.
- Produces a wavy line.
This property is obsolete and has been replaced by the text-decoration-style property.
Originally defined in an earlier draft of the CSS3 Text Module specification, the functionality controlled by this property is now defined in the CSS Text Decoration Level 3 module. Sites (and apps) relying on the earlier behavior should be updated accordingly.
- CSS3 Text Module
- Candidate Recommendation
- CSS Text Module Level 3
- Editor’s Draft