Sets the mode for the line-through text decoration, determining whether the text decoration affects the space characters or not.
(Considered obsolete; use text-decoration-skip instead.)
- Initial value
- Applies to
- all elements with and generated content with textual content
- Computed value
- specified value (except for initial and inherit)
- CSS Object Model Property
- The line is continuous and covers white space.
- The line skips (does not include) white space characters.
This property is obsolete and has been replaced by the text-decoration-skip property.
Originally defined in an earlier draft of the CSS3 Text Module specification, the functionality controlled by this property is now defined in the CSS Text Decoration Level 3 module. Sites (and apps) relying on the earlier behavior should be updated accordingly.