This property determines whether or not a full-width punctuation mark character should be trimmed if it appears at the beginning of a line, so that its “ink” lines up with the first glyph in the line above and below.
- Initial value
- Applies to
- block-level and inline-block elements
- Computed value
- specified value (except for initial and inherit)
- Leading punctuation is not trimmed.
- Leading punctuation is trimmed.
Use this property to trim the leading whitespace of a punctuation glyph when it is the first character on a line. Please see the images in the spec, which shows in a concise way what will happen.
- CSS3 Text Module
- Obsolete (previously Candidate Recommendation)