- The Blob object represents immutable raw data. It provides a method to slice data objects between ranges of bytes into further chunks of raw data.
- The File object provides information about files stored on the user’s computer, and access to their contents. These are generally retrieved from a FileList object returned when a user selects files using the input element, or from a drag-and-drop operation’s DataTransfer object.
- Represents an error that occurs while using the FileReader interface. Obsolete per latest specification. Use DOMError instead.
- FileList is an object which represents an array of individually selected files from the underlying system.
- The FileReader object lets web applications asynchronously read the contents of files (or raw data buffers) stored on the user’s computer, using File or Blob objects to specify the file or data to read. File objects may be obtained from a FileList object returned as a result of a user selecting files using the input element, from a drag-and-drop operation’s DataTransfer object, or from the mozGetAsFile() API on an HTMLCanvasElement.
- Allows for synchronous reading of File or Blob objects. Only available in Workers, as synchronous I/O would otherwise block the main application from executing.
- The MSStreamError object reports file-related errors asynchronously. Obsolete per latest specification. Use DOMError instead.
- Creates random access data (Blob) from an MSStream object.
- Provides the oneTimeOnly property for use with the createObjectURL method.
- A static object for URL related utility operations.