Proposed path to adding university contacts to announcement email list
- Everyone provides 1 University or technical school contact.
- Request that contact and the person at their department responsible for communications be added to a periodic newsletter.
- Send out an email about 1/month w/ a Piwik campaign # associated to it. (This means all links have a piwik #.)
Email to individual contacts
Who sends email
Individuals with university contacts can send out an email, or they can pass the contact to us and we can send out the email.
Subject: WebPlatform.org is looking for students
cc-ing 1st degree contact
Dear So Andso:
You were referred to us by [1st degree contact]. We’d like to get the word out to your students about WebPlatform.org – where the community is documenting the web standards. This effort is comparable to the early stages of wikipedia. We have web and mobile experts contributing content and their time. WebPlatform.org is sponsored by companies such as W3C, Adobe, Apple, Facebook, Google, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Mozilla, Nokia, Opera.
What we have to offer your students
We’d like to include the upcoming generation of web professionals to:
- Let them know this is their web
- Connect them with industry leaders
- Support their contribution to the web
- Give students the opportunity to work on a professional site and build their portfolio
- Encourage intercollegiate and professional collaboration
We have immediate opportunities for volunteer writers, coders, designers, social media enthusiasts, and detailed-oriented individuals. We have mentors who can guide your students through their training and contributions.
We can also come to your university to present what we’re doing at WebPlatform.org and to teach folks how to participate.
What we’re looking for
We’d like to add you to our email list (firstname.lastname@example.org), to inform you of WebPlatform.org events and milestones. Would you please let us know if we can do so?
We’d appreciate you forwarding this email to the person responsible for communications in your department. If you have a periodic newsletter or other communication about industry opportunities, we’d like to submit our news to that person for dissemination.
- 2013-04-28 Email to contacts sent
- 2013-04-30 Email list populated
- 2013-05-05 Initial email sent to email@example.com