HTML Video element allows creator of a HTML document or view of a Web Application to embed a video for display when a user visits the view or opens HTML document in a web browser.
Inherited from HTMLMediaElement
- Controls attribute used within a Audio element or Video element displays the default media controls defined by the web browser being used to open HTML document or view of a Web Application.
- Loads and starts playback of a media resource.
- Fires whenever enough data is available to determine whether a media is playable.
- Fires when enough data is available to determine whether a media is playable at a normal rate without interruptions.
- Fires to indicate progress while downloading media data.
Beginning with Internet Explorer 9, any audio or video content needs the correct mime type set on the server, or the files won't play. Internet Explorer 9 supports MP3 audio, and MP4 audio and video. WebM audio and video files can be supported by installing the WebM components from The WebM project. The following table shows the required settings for your web server to host these files correctly.
|Media file to serve||Extension setting||Mime type setting|
- HTML5 A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML, Section 4.8.6
Microsoft Developer Network: [Windows Internet Explorer API reference Article]