Followers of the WebPlatform.org effort will remember that we ran our groundbreaking first European Web Platform Doc Sprint on February 8-9 in Berlin, Germany. This went down well, and a lot of good work was done on the CSS property and API documentation. The latest good news is that we are running another Doc Sprint — this time in Zurich, Switzerland, on August 28th!
Our new Doc Sprint is being run to coincide with Switzerland's premier front end developer conference, Frontend Conference Zurich, which happens in the two days after the sprint. Use this as a great opportunity to attend a great conference, and make a great contribution to front end web documentation, all in one trip!
Aims of the Doc Sprint
Doc Sprints are great places to have a great and geeky time, make new friends, and meet old ones. At this event:
- Beginners will learn how to get started as WebPlatform.org contributors
- Those more experienced can dive in and make great uninterrupted progress on content
- Great new ideas will form and grow through collaboration, including demos, plugins and more
- Bugs will get fixed on the spot
- Food and drinks (including but not limited to: beer) will be provided throughout the day
- Swag will be tossed into the crowds
- Winners will be crowned and prizes raffled away
- A lot of fun is waiting for attendees!
The main focus topics at this event will be CSS properties and HTML elements/DOM, but if you would rather work on something else inside the WebPlatform.org documentation remit, we are more than happy to accommodate you! If you want to check up on what is ok to work on and suggest ideas, please tell us via the public mailing list.
Doc Sprint Venue and Sponsors
This Doc Sprint is organized by Adobe and being held at the awesome Colab Zurich, who are hosting the event as a sponsor and contributor to WebPlatform.org. Find full address details and directions on their website at http://colab-zurich.ch.
Sign me up!
Please sign up for the event at our Eventbrite page. We are looking forward seeing you in late August in Switzerland!