Last week's Web Platform Wednesday was a rousing success! Our community looked at all of the target property pages, and you reviewed and completed most of the ones we lined up. So this week, we start in on Wednesday May 15th, 9am (PST). It's time for round 2: DING! DING!
Not only do we hope to finish reviewing any pages left from last week's target CSS property pages, but we will also work on four new groups of pages:
Please hop on board and pitch in. Even a small contribution to a single page is much appreciated. And it's pretty straightforward. You can edit any or all of these for each article:
- Basic facts, such as overview table, syntax, and values
- Explanatory text, such as the introduction (summary), usage, and notes
- Examples, with explanations
- Links to tutorials and other materials (either inside WPD or on the wider web), to the relevant specifications, and cross-linking keywords to other reference articles
- Review, including flagging and unflagging
To get started, send a quick note declaring your interest on our email@example.com email list), or ask for direction on our Freenode #webplatform IRC channel, or even our @webplatform Twitter account. Someone will help you get you started.
Each article has a coordinator managing it. Check in with them (just to make sure there's no duplication of effort), and dig in. We provide the link to the target article and to the definition of the property in the appropriate CSS spec. Most tasks will be self-explanatory, but if you need help or guidance, the coordinator is there for you.
Doug's post from last week summed up really nicely what this is all about, so please give that a read if you want some more information about how this got started.